Baker and Hamilton

I 'm using Andrew Sullivan's insights this morning as I find myself agreeing with him. However, unlike Mr. Sullivan, I do believe the Baker/Hamilton report's claim that Iran really needs greater stability in the absence of US involvement in the Iraqi quagmire. Perhaps I've been reading too many ambassador-speak papers but I think this report put out yesterday has produced a good guideline for the Bushites to use to get out of the predicaments that they've created. I do hope that someone--perhaps Papa Bush can shake some sense into Jr. I am not as erudite as the writers who make a living reading, studying, the events of the day but my honest assessment is that GHWB needs to make up now for any failings in his rearing of GWB. Now's the time to talk straight talk to a son who has created such a big mess for our once beloved country.

Comments

Popular Posts