Writing on the Blog to Clear the Mind

I have put off writing and reading for writing. However, I feel the main question I should ask myself is how do I now define transcultural rhetorics? To that end, I've been going over the texts that helped me during the dissertation. Native American studies had helped me stand back and see how the crossing and blending of cultures take place and though historically the ancient Greeks were evolving from a predominantly oral culture, they had writing available. The writing of many Native American tribes were not through the letters with which we are familiar, but pictographs that look very much like ancient writings in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Sumeria. So there were ways to write down some Native American ways of organizing their worlds.

More later.

Popular Posts