Alec Baldwin: A Great Actor

Alec Baldwin: A Great Actor
Baldwin touches on some of the reasons I love(d) Paul Newman. Having used the parenthesis I doubt that I really will stop loving the work and memory of such a fine human being. Perhaps Joanne Woodward can share something other than the wonderful things we saw in him. I doubt it. She is a great person, too.

Newman came into my life when I went to a theater in Dobbs Ferry, New York to see Silver Chalice. I later learned it was not Newman's favorite of his films. However, a little girl in a dark theater surrounded by classmates and the nuns who chaperoned us truly fell under the spell--the magic of movies, theaters and great actors. There have been so many of them--actors that is. I have used their works to give me solace in times of sorrow and despair and joy and love of life at other times. So when an important person who contributed to this part of my life passes from the scene, I feel the need to stop, thank them, and continue to appreciate their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts