Food in the Coming Year

I know, I know no more resolutions but I'm getting into the kitchen again. It means finding my pots from the move and the knives too. Most importantly it means hunting down ingredients not readily available since my interests are in the Caribbean as well as good Mexican and Italian foods. I've done my homage the French cuisine when I was younger but the foods tht truly speak to my appetites are more south Mediterranean with stress on garlic, onions, tomatoes and those little spices that I'll have to go to PR to pick up. So tomorrow is find the goods to make a good simple arroz con gandules and a Spanish flavored meatloaf. Such foods will lead me away from pies and decadent desserts.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Comments

bdegenaro said…
I'm all about the mediterranean flavors! Italian, Arab, Greek, etc. Not only the garlics, olives, etc., but the lemons, the herbs like parsley, the extra-virgin olive oils. Love it!
Hey Bill, I even found my favorite seasonings for those Puerto Rican dishes on a site online: goya.com will help me get access to all the goodies that make my favorite chicken etc so flavorful. Of course salads will be up on my list.

Popular Posts