Maureen Doud On Clinton's Run

I've had a viscerally strong reaction to Clinton's run for president from the moment it became clear her threat to run was real and not a fiction. Aside from the republicanization of the democratic party that she and her husband and their ilk have developed and implemented, she has no real qualifications other than her association with her husband.

Maureen Doud's column from the NYT helps crystallize the notion that I am not alone in my opinion. I'm a feminist and say so proudly, but as I did not use my natal last name for many years for fear of being perceived as someone who sought favors or entry where I was unqualified to be, I do not believe Mrs. Clinton should use her association with William Jefferson Clinton as the primary reason to support her run for president. I can't think of one thing she's done on her own, without his connections that would merit support for her presidential ambitions.

Comments

Popular Posts