Thursday, October 06, 2011

Day with My Granddaughter

Wonder and awe are two feelings I have for my Granddaughter, Amber. She is working 8 hours per day and attending ASU full time. The more she progresses in her life the better view I have of the great woman she will be because she's a great person now. We share a love of movies, and today I introduced her to a French Film. Venus Beauty Institute. Given the difference between American and French outlooks on man/woman relationships, she handled the movie well. Next films I want to share with her are other French films and a Chinese film I saw long so its title is not on my mind today. I"ll have to go through some files where I placed the lists. Happily for me, I'll get to see her again tomorrow and perhaps by then I can find something new to cook up for her. I'm thinking tonight, too, of the passing of an inventor who passed away from his condition--pancreatic cancer. I'm not a Mac user so I can't praise his major computer invention but I have appreciated films that owe him credit for rescuing the companies that made them. Also, many users of the little music player that keep youngsters appreciated the IPod. Being closer to the age most people contemplate their deaths, I feel sad for the Jobs family. The man was younger than I am at this time. When I go I want my Amber to remember her granny and enjoy all the movies and music that we've enjoyed together. Memories, after all, are what connect the dead to the living.
Post a Comment