Saturday, August 20, 2011

Colin Firth

It is true that Colin Firth is a very handsome man. I first saw him in Valmont. Later I saw him in the Arts and Entertainment channel's production of Pride and Prejudice, subsequently he was in Bridget Jones parts 1 and 2. He was charming in The Importance of Being Earnest and Love Actually. He demonstrated his comedic talent as well as his singing in the movie based on Oscar Wilde's story. But his performance in  A Single Man topped the others I'd seen him in. I even prefer this film to The King's Speech, which also demonstrated Firth's acting skill. Perhaps it is the English reserve which bursts into something else in each character he's played lately that has made an impression.

As I age, I require good movies for when the print seems to small in the books I have yet to read.
Post a Comment